When one of our clients, affresh™ appliance cleaners (owned by Whirlpool Canada), wanted to increase brand awareness and product trials for a relatively new brand, BTI launched an integrated marketing campaign with a contest and coupons as the most effective way to reach consumers and educate them on the benefits of the new product.
BTI wanted to ensure that the target market received the messaging in the medium of their choice – print and/or digital (online) mediums. The end goals of the Fresh Start Event campaign were to:
- Drive consumers to the microsite where they could enter a contest to win over $20,000 in prizes and learn more about the product via a soft sell approach. Consumers entered the contest by reading an appliance cleaning tip and answering a simple question. They continued to be engaged with the brand by reading a tip on a daily basis to earn more contest entries.
- Encourage product trials by providing online and printed coupons
Working within the budget and timeframe, BTI created, designed, developed and launched the following tactics to meet the needs of the brand activation:
- Campaign theme and related branding
- The microsite to administer the contest, product tips and social sharing exceeding all expectations with one million unique page views with over 100k visitors
- Free Standing Insert (FSI) with a coupon distributed across Canada resulting in over 10 million impressions
- In-store coupon distributed to 3 national chains with over 10 million impressions
- Online coupon with a 15% download rate exceeding comparable products. Messaging also drove consumers to the microsite.
- Web banner ads on various sites to drive traffic to the microsite
- Email campaigns sent to over 200,000 opt-in customers with an industry high open and click thru rates
- BTI managed the contest during the contest period, the communication with winners on a weekly basis and provided reports to the client on the progress of the campaign
The end result of the campaign exceeded all metrics and led to an increase in new signups of over 15,000 customers. Daily engagement resulted in almost 150,000 contest entries, far exceeding the outcome of similar CPG contests. The success of this campaign resulted in the client running the contest again in 2012 with similar tactics and results the 2nd time around.
Watch this short case study video of the affresh™ appliance cleaners Fresh Start Event campaign tactics and results.
BTI’s creativity and execution expertise allowed the brand to come to life for thousands who had never heard of the brand before.
Are integrated campaigns right for you? Let BTI assess your needs to create the most effective campaign to meet your brand objectives.