Posted by Amit Chail on July 24, 2013
When Solutions Stores with 14 locations in Ontario, Canada wanted to improve their website to increase traffic and sales, they approached BTI Brand Innovations to refresh their online presence. The website had a very old look and feel which didn’t reflect Solutions’ premium brand. The performance of the website was extremely slow taking at times more than one minute to open a web page. The poor layout and flow of the products and category pages caused a high abandonment rate and made it very difficult to find necessary information.
Working with the key stakeholders of Solutions Stores, BTI identified the key functionality and site requirements. After prioritization of the wish list, BTI utilized its years of experience in eCommerce, user experience and marketing to deliver a leading edge solution for our client. In particular, BTI:
- Upgraded their eCommerce system and Content Management Systems to the latest versions allowing Solutions to take advantage of the some of recent functionality. The eCommerce system is a high end enterprise grade system offering very robust functionality and performance.
- Changed the look and feel of the entire site, greatly improving the user experience for consumers – from checkout process, store locator, search pages, product details, navigating departments, account and profile pages, and more.
- Introduced new functionality such as wish lists, inventory updates from their backend inventory management systems, upsell and cross selling, customer rating and reviews, and online coupons and promotional pricing.
- Optimized the backend order management, shipping and billing processes.
- Integrated social media channels into the new SEO friendly website to offer all content on one site.
- Improved web analytics to track current utilization
The new and improved website has seen significant traffic increases with online sales more than doubling within 2 months of going live. The site is capturing 1000% more email addresses for marketing and newsletter publications. Website download time has more than halved while the number of clicks to find the right products has been reduced.
BTI provided the necessary tools to enable better online merchandising and increase sales – both online and in-store.
Are you ready to refresh your eCommerce site to increase sales? Contact BTI to see how we can help.